Located in Huntsville, Alabama, University Pickers is 20,000 sq ft of local goodness.
UNIQUE, LOCAL MARKETPLACE
We have over 120 local small businesses under one roof!
They range in style and inventory. You never really know what you’ll find. Our Pickers bring in new items each & every day! Some vendors carry true antiques, many carry vintage items. We have handcrafted, painted and unpainted furniture from neutrals to colorful. Styles include: traditional, transitional, farmhouse, Boho, shabby chic, industrial, French country, primitive, mid-century modern, art deco, arts and crafts, Asian, coastal, country, and others. We are sure to have something for everyone.
Support local businesses by shopping University Pickers!
We pride ourselves in having the BEST vendors in the area!
How to Apply
“”Do you have what it takes to be a “University Picker?” We want to hear from you! We are always accepting applications to be part of our community. We do have a few guidelines that we follow. We want to be known for selling antiques, vintage finds, re-purposed and hand-crafted items & art.
Step 1: To become a Picker you must submit an application through these links
- Huntsville Location
- Biringham/Shops of Grand River Location
- All applications must include photos of staging and merchandise along with a description of the theme and vision of the space. Please include your social media and website links.
Step 2: New Pickers are selected by owners and management. We choose each applicant carefully based on set criteria that ensures every booth keeps with the overall vision and creative direction of the store.
- New vendors are selected as space becomes available and are typically notified between the 1st and 15th for moving in the following month.
Step 3: Create your new shop! Create a fun atmosphere that showcases your style and products!
Step 4: All vendors at University Pickers are required to go through a staging your booth training, contract review along with tutorials on how the shop works. Some if this is online, some in person.
Step 5: Let us do the rest! All you need to do is keep your space stocked and fresh!
At University Pickers it’s not just a store, it’s a community. We keep connected through a private Facebook group. We have regular picker meetings AND, we all support & encourage each other. With that said, each picker is unique and different, and University Pickers works diligently to maintain that diversity, as it’s our strength. Being united has made us more powerful to achieve more together than any of us could have dreamed of while going solo.
What University Pickers does for our Pickers
- We will advertise to get folks into the shop
We use a barcode system to help you track your inventory and sales.
- We hire and train our staff to provide amazing customer service so you don’t have to be there. There are no work requirements for our Pickers.
- We keep track of sales with daily sales emails to each vendor-you can even log in in real-time to see your sales throughout the day!
- We pay utilities and all the other fun stuff like sales tax!
- We plan fun events to excite customers about shopping with you!
- We provide a monthly sales report along with your check once a month.
- We continually work to provide you with training, trends and information to help you grow your booth biz! That’s our passion!
What our Pickers say about University Pickers
“Leach & Co. has been a UP vendor for 3 years! We love that University Pickers offers us a full-service venue to merchandise and sell our vintage furniture and home décor! Best location in town!” Yalonda Leach Leach & Co
“By far the best place I’ve had a booth ! They take such good care of us are so great to post vendors booths and items to social media daily. I believe we have some of the best vendors in North Alabama with a wide range of things for everyone!” Michelle Graves, Redone & Then Some
“The owners and staff at UP are always working to make us all successful. They provide us with training on booth staging and business skills. They do daily marketing on social media to keep customers engaged and excited about shopping with us. They use monthly vendor meetings and an online vendor group to keep us informed. It’s great to be a part of this Vendor Family! “ Kelly Gregory, Heron Bay Marketplace
“Being a part of University Pickers was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made for myself and my business. I opened my booth with UP just a little shy of 2 years now. My business has grown beyond my expectations! Along with the growth of my business, the staff and the owners have become more like family. University Pickers is more than just a shoppers paradise, it has become my happy place!!” Tammy Todd, Tammy’s Painted Pieces